Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Moving in: Part I

Here are some before pictures...

The entrance way:


The living room:


 French doors into the kitchen! :)


The kitchen:


 Door to the bedroom:


Of course nothing else is set up besides my shoes and clothes... :)


Bedroom:


Bathroom:


Please take notice of all the natural light! And the fact that this apartment is more than three times the size of my last one. It's certainly not as convenient in terms of getting to school, but it's not like I have a bike anymore anyway! And it'll cost me a pretty penny or two more, for rent, more bills, and transportation, but as I'm settling in, I think it's worth it. And I can truly appreciate it now, too, (yes, mother) because I lived in a space smaller than my current living room for a year.

4 comments:

  1. It's not the natural light that I notice...it's the huge wall of shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huge! And adorable! I love it. I think you will be so much happier in a place where you can breathe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah, your place seems very nostalgic to me. the layers upon layers of paint, the radiator painted to match, the handicap-inaccessible doorknobs, the well-worn wooden floors... the remnants of a place with a history. the mid-atlantic: where "old" refers to something older than us :-p.

    p.s. omg... the shoes...

    ReplyDelete