Saturday, October 8, 2011

watch as the storm blows through

So the sun is finally shining :)

I didn't realize how much I need feedback, how I consistently underestimate my own abilities. But it's so refreshing to find out you're doing so much better than you thought you were! Especially hearing it from someone you know is being brutally honest with you. Now if only I could maintain that kind of confidence...and at the same time, not get too comfortable. The only thing about getting into a routine, though, is that now I have nothing to blog about. I do the same thing pretty much everyday--take the subway to class. Work (=study). Class. Work. Reach my maximum capacity. Take the subway home. Make dinner? Sleep.

Oh, but I guess for all of my Grad Studies friends (so happy to have heard from James/Kevin this week!) who read this, I also go on dates :). And maybe you'll be happy to find out that in the past 1.5 months, I've been asked out by more than the total number of guys I've ever dated. I'll keep you posted ;)

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! I almost forgot you had a blog. Hooray that you still update! I was just thinking how it's cool that only two entries ago, you were feeling overwhelmed, and here--this is the part where things turned out okay!

    I would just like to remind you of this because I love it..

    The long day wanes; the slow moon climbs; the deep
    Moans round with many voices. Come, my friends.
    'T is not too late to seek a newer world.
    Push off, and sitting well in order smite
    The sounding furrows; for my purpose holds
    To sail beyond the sunset, and the baths
    Of all the western stars, until I die.
    It may be that the gulfs will wash us down;
    It may be we shall touch the Happy Isles,
    And see the great Achilles, whom we knew.
    Tho' much is taken, much abides; and tho'
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,--
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

    Ciao bambino!

    ReplyDelete